11.12.08

Students...

I'm sure it's not a particularly interesting subject to most people. Young, foolish, loud, and drunk, why would it be?

Being a slightly more mature student I figured when I first got here I'd be surrounded by kids, who'd be all of the above and, to be fair most of the time they... But so have I and it's been nice acting like a child despite being a grandad compared to some of my floor mates.

But what is the general perception of students these days? Having spent a year away from education to work with guys who are past retirement age. I spent a lot of time listening to people my age being criticised for all the above reasons and when I made my late decision (May) to come to university. I was worried I was going to be a cynical old git who frowned upon everything my friends did here but infact I'm probably one of the more childish which is nice and freeing in a way.

But back to the question, why do people frown upon students so much? My part time job here is bar work and naturally, being near the centre of the city we get a lot of students come in. Mostly local sixth form girls (oi oi) and local working class men looking for sixth form girls. The most trouble I've had working there has been from mid twenties yobs perving on the young 'uns and then getting aggressive when they get turned down (funny that). Maybe I'm asking the wrong question, maybe I should be asking something else... Can't think what though, maybe I'm rambling.

To give you an idea of what we get up to here.

Here's my photo of the week.




Aren't we out there.

Listening to: Jeniferever, Jacob's Stories